NJMC is based in New Jersey, where the legislation committee in New Jersey owns the portal. NJMCDirect stands for New Jersey Municipal Courts Direct. It is a website that allows the local citizens to pay their fine if they have crossed any traffic rules.
In the olden times, when we were charged traffic tickets and fines, we would have to spend one whole day to pay the ticket. Right from taking the challan, standing in a long queue at the courtroom, and physically paying the fee, if you extend the period, then there is also a late fee that would be added.
This complicated and lengthy process has finally ended in this new digital era. In recent times where every other procedure is digitized, paying your fee has also been digitized. You can now pay the price without much trouble through your phone and laptop.
Violating traffic is not something that is done on purpose. For some, it happens due to an emergency, and for others, by their carelessness. Usually, the offenses and accusations that lead to a traffic ticket are; parking in illegitimate areas, breaking signal rules, speeding, etc.
So to save your time and save you from Surcharges, the court of New Jersey has introduced this new method of paying traffic tickets online. They launched their website recently, www.NJMCdirect.com.
Almost all citizens and non-citizens are eligible to pay their traffic fines through the website. Except for the people that have failed to pay their fees on time, they will not be able to pay through the portal.
What is NJMCDirect Portal?
Life in America is always bustling, and violating traffic is a near certainty. Nobody would ever genuinely want to spend their time at the court office to pay their traffic fee. That would consume one whole day.
To solve this issue, the court of New Jersey launched its fee-paying website that helps the city’s residents pay their fines at that very moment wherever they are. It will only take a few seconds resulting in saving a lot of time.
However, this effortless and fast way of paying requires a minimal effort, and the steps are listed below.
How To Pay Traffic Tickets using NJMCDirect Portal?
There are a few details required before paying that are:
- Traffic ticket – when the traffic rules are violated, the officers charge the riders with a Ticket that will hold a traffic number, Court ID, and the type of violation. This ticket is essential as it stands as proof of your crime.
- License number – the number of your license place will be required for verification.
- Online Bank – as mentioned earlier, the payment is entirely online, and the payee will have to use a smart device with a connection to the internet to pay. Apart from these, they should also have access to online banking methods. Payments made on debit cards and credit cards are also accepted.
If all the above mentions are implied, we can next dive into the main steps. That is;
- Go to the browser on your smartphones, and browsers like; chrome, safari, etc., are all supported.
- Type in the official website www.njmcdirect.com or https://portalnjmcdirect-cloud.njcourts.gov/ and you will be redirected to the website.
- When the portal opens, you will be able to see two options, Traffic Ticket and Municipal Complaint.
- To pay for the tickets, click on the Traffic Ticket section.
- Upon clicking, you will be redirected to another website, where you will have to fill in all the details asked for. Details such as; your name or the Court ID, the ticket number given by the officer, the ticket prefix, and the number of your license plate.
- Once you have made sure all the above details are mentioned correctly, click on the continue button.
- You will then be shown two options: View NJMCDirect Ticket and Process NJMCDirect. You can click on the View NJMCDirect Ticket to verify the amount or click on the Process NJMCDirect to directly pay the money.
- Finally, you will now be directed to the payment tab, where you can choose the payment mode (credit card or debit card) and enter all the required bank details.
- Once you are done with the payment, you can take a printout of the receipt for future references.
Note: you can also come back to the website to view your receipt within a limited time. After that, your receipt might be erased.
While paying the amount, remember that the website works only during a particular day. The timings are mentioned below;
From Monday to Thursday, its 4:30 AM – 11:15 PM (EST)
On Friday, its 4:30 AM – 10:15 PM (EST)
On Saturday, its 4:30 AM – 3:15 PM (EST)
On Sunday, its 1:00 PM – 11:15 PM (EST)
The municipal corporation of New Jersey has made the dreadful process of paying the traffic fee easy and safe for their residents. So make sure to pay the fee on time without delay, as you can now pay at your convenience.