Designated Survivor is an American political thriller drama television series created by David Guggenheim that aired on ABC for two seasons. Season three aired exclusively and globally on Netflix. Designated Survivor Season 4 has been on the minds of fans ever since season 3 streamed. The show’s faithful raced through the series at a fast speed and now viewers want to know more. Most of the excitement is about the future of President Tom Kirkman.
Designated Survivor season 4 release date:
It’s bad news guys. Designated Survivor season 4 has officially been canceled. Many were hopeful that the series would keep on rolling after Netflix saved the show following ABC’s decision to can it? However if in any case, the show does return, someone once again will need to rescue it from the TV graveyard.
We looked at the statements Netflix has made. “We are very proud by offering fans the third season of Designated Survivor, and will continue to carry all 3 seasons for years to come,” said Netflix.
“We’re especially thankful to executive producer and star Kiefer Sutherland, who brought passion, dedication, and unforgettable performance while playing President Kirkman.
There was an interview with Simon Mayo on Scala Radio shortly before it was canceled. During this, Sutherland said that he wasn’t hopeful about the show returning for one big reason: “I don’t think [season 4] is going to happen.
Well friends, ALAS! Officially, season 4 is not coming. There are still chances of returning if someone kind enough starts something creative in his/her mind.
At the end of season three, sitting president Tom Kirkman got re-elected, but whether Kiefer Sutherland would return if the series was saved for a second time remains to be seen.
Below are the main leads who are surely coming back, if season 4 gets aired in the future:
- Kiefer Sutherland as Tom Kirkman, the President of the United States
- Natascha McElhone as Alex Kirkman, the First Lady of the United States.
- Adan Canto as Aaron Shore, the Vice President-elect of the United States.
- Italia Ricci playing Emily Rhodes, the spokesperson of Kirkman’s presidential campaign.
- LaMonica Garrett as Mike Ritter, a Secret Service agent
- Tanner Buchanan as Leo Kirkman, Tom and Alex’s son, and Penny’s older brother.
- Kal Penn as Seth Wright, the White House Communications Director.
- Maggie Q as Hannah Wells, a CIA Case Officer. Formerly an FBI Special Agent.
- Paulo Costanzo as Lyor Boone, the White House Political Director.