China won’t make further attempts to change the status quo: Hopes India

Must Read

After all the talks India is hoping that China won’t make any further attempts to change the status quo. The Ministry of External Affairs said on Thursday that a consensus; had been reached at recent ministerial talks that; there should be “quick and complete disengagement of troops”. This was another round of talks at the Corps Commander-level between India and China the resolve the crisis along the Line of Actual Control in Ladakh. Pursuant to the consensus reached, MEA spokesperson Anurag Srivastava said India; hoped the Chinese side would not make further attempts; to “unilaterally” change the status quo at the Line of Actual Control (LAC).

MEA spokesperson Anurag Srivastava said at the weekly briefing that “There was consensus between the ministries if the two sides, during both the meetings, that there should be quick and complete disengagements of troops from all frictions areas along the LAC. The Chinese side should sincerely work with the Indian side for complete; disengagements at the earliest from all friction areas including Pangong Lake.”

China won’t make further attempts to change the status quo: Hopes India

The Federal News

Last week, External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar and Chinese State Councillor and Foreign Minister Wang Yi had agreed upon a five-point approach to resolve the over-three-month-old-border standoff. The ministers had agreed that their troops “should continue their dialogue, quickly disengage, maintain proper distance, and ease tensions.”

In the sentence, the emphasis was on “quick” disengagement and “maintaining distance”. It reflects that urgency over the situation in Ladakh, especially on the; north and south banks of Pangong Tso where troops are within the firing range of each other.

In the Lok Sabha, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh highlighted the importance of the Moscow agreement between Jaishankar and Wang Yi saying “if (the pact) is implemented sincerely and faithfully by the Chinese side, could lead to complete disengagement and restoration of peace and tranquillity in the border areas.”

The MEA further added that both sides should focus on easing tensions; in friction areas by refraining from actions that may escalate situations. Srivastava said, “This requires strict adherence to the bilateral agreements; and protocols and not making unilateral attempts to change the status quo.”

In early July China pulled back its troops from Patrolling Point-14 in Galwan; to its side of the LAC during the disengagement. Though, a smaller number of Chinese troops remained on the Indian side of the LAC at PP-15; in the area called Hot Springs, and PP-17A in the nearby Gorga Post. While on Pangong Tso’s north bank, Chinese troops never vacated the Finger 4 ridgeline; and are less than 500 meters away from Indian troops where the ridge meets Finger 3.

Tensions between the two sides increased after shots were fired; along the LAC for the very first time in 45 years as Indian troops out-manoeuvred China to capture key heights; on the stretch from the south bank to Rechin La near Rezang La in the; intervening night of 29th and 30th August.

 

Latest News

Neeraj Dhantewal is grabbing attention on Social Media

Today we will talk about the personality for whom success was never easy. His full name is Neeraj Dhantewal...